You just got promoted to the leadership role. Congratulations!!! Exciting times are ahead for you. Key things to remember:
- Your new role has more challenges and more responsibilities
- You are transition from being an individual contributor into the role when you will be leading other people
- Key difference between individual contributor and your new role: you rely on others to be successful
Your role definition is changing effective immediately:
- Now you are responsible for what team is doing
- Personnel and Performance issues
- In charge of projects
- Vision for the team, Strategy and Execution
- Creating Policies and Procedures
- You have opportunity now to make a difference in lives of other people and make impact on organization
You might wonder – how can you do all of this.
- Good thing: people that promoted you believe that you can.
- And they believe that you will be successful in this role
- This is how they made this decision
I am excited to be here to help you with this journey